Penta Infra – European Data Center Group
At Penta Infra we provide data center services from a growing number of facilities throughout Europe. Currently, Penta Infra owns and operates 10 edge facilities in Germany, Denmark and the Netherlands.
In order to strengthen our operations team in LEIPZIG, we offer the opportunity to join Penta Infra as
DATA CENTER SERVICE ENGINEER
The Data Center Service Engineer at Penta Infra will be working with a team of highly qualified Technicians. The role offers huge development potential for any candidate wanting to work on the leading edge of the growing data centre industry.
The main tasks/responsibilities of the Data Center Service Engineer are:
- Operation and maintenance of all critical facility systems, areas include: Electrical, Mechanical, Building and Control.
- Monitor the EPMS, BMS, Fire Systems Alarms and respond in a timely manner.
- Operate, monitor, maintain and respond to abnormal conditions in critical facility systems.
- Perform preventative, corrective and emergency maintenance on state of the art medium & low voltage, high availability power systems.
- Ensure all subcontractors are inducted & permitted to work.
- Ensure that documents library and workshop are clean & tidy always.
- Provide input into and develop site specific procedures including EOPs, SOPs and MOPS.
The profile of our Data Center Service Engineer:
In particular we look for:
- A fully verifiable trade qualification in a relevant engineering discipline & verifiable additional training that is relevant to the proposed environment.
- Understanding of LV power distribution and loading.
- A strong understanding and experience of the electrical & mechanical systems used in a data center environment, including: Feeders, Transformers, Generators, Fuel Systems, Switchgear, UPS Systems, Battery Banks, ATS / STS Units, Chillers, Air Handling Units, CRAC Units, Fire Alarm Systems and Fire Suppression Systems.
- Experience of complex automatic control equipment, including relay logic, programmable logic controllers (PLCs), building management systems and their integration with the data center infrastructure.
- Experience of low & medium voltage distribution systems & associated switch gear and protection equipment is preferred.
- Availability to work shift and to provide emergency cover as required.
- Prior data center experience is preferred.
- Business fluent German and English are required.