ABOUT THE ROLE
The Solutions Architect (SA) is the support of the sales team on opportunities that require its expertise. He/She is part of the sales team to develop the company's turnover while ensuring that the solutions offered to customers can be installed and managed during the life of the contract. The SA works closely with sales teams to earn new business and maintain existing customer relationships, and with the Operations Department and the Projects Department to propose and validate tailor-made offers in line with customer requests.
Standard Projects: Technical and financial validation of standard projects (e.g. power density, power meter, et cetera) before any offer is sent to the customer
Lead technical tours and presentations detailing Penta Infra colocation
Coordination of implementation of solutions sold in cooperation with the Operations Department
Response to complex and strategic RFI/RFP (Request For Information/Pricing):
- Constitution of the technical offer of responses to RFI/RFP in order to respond to customers' technical compliance tables
- Technical validation of projects with the Technical Department in order to find the best technical solution for the customers
- Consolidation of costs regarding the "standard" offers of projects in order to allow salespeople to make the offer to the customers (according to the margin applied by the salesperson)
- Escalation of "non-standard" needs to the Operations and/or Projects Department in order to obtain the costs and transmit them to the sales team
- Knowledge of the Penta Infra product and services portfolio in order to promote the offer within the Sales Department and to customers
- Guide customers towards standard Penta Infra service offerings
- Assist sales teams in the negotiation of the most significant or specific contracts in order to improve sales (e.g. validation of drawings/rack layout).
Provide ongoing support and control relevant post-sales activities, these may include all follow-up pre-sales activities.
Support to the CCO/Sales Directors:
- Develop and implement new services within the Service Catalog (Associated documentation, Price grid, Sales representative training, Implementation of associated procedures, etc.)
- Participate on implementation of new solutions and new services
- Ensure that documentation on standard products is available to the sales teams (descriptions of technical services, pricing conditions, standard contract – SLA, penalties, etc.).
Education and experience
- Engineering degree (preferred)
Technical skills (required and preferred)
Technical knowledge of data centers
Ability to listen and answer customer questions accurately
Ability to present offers to customers
Ability to work in a team
Ability to respond to/write customer offers
Knowledge of competing offers
Knowledge of AutoCAD and Visio tools
Motivation to find the best solution for the customer, while keeping PENTA INFRA standards (in order to be able to support the customer in the long term).
Good written and oral expression in both English & German)