Penta Infra – European Data Center Group Amsterdam
Penta Infra is one of the fastest growing players in Europe in the field of edge datacenters. Since the start Penta Infra committed herself to execute initiatives to reduce her ecological footprint. Penta received recently the green certificate from the Danish Datacenter Industry for supplying surplus heat from our datacenter in Copenhagen to the district heating network.
Currently Penta operates data centers in Germany, Denmark and The Netherlands and will expand into other countries in the next years.
In order to strengthen our project team we are recruiting an
The engineer will be responsible for the design of the electrical installation in accordance with Penta standards. Designing the energy supply (load balance), the electrical distribution, power supply for machines and performing cable calculations will be your core competence.
The engineer is capable to keep a project overview of the interaction with the cooling, ups, generator & other installations that make the datacenters run efficiently.
The electrical engineer will support and work closely within the Project team from our Amsterdam office and all service engineers in the datacenters.
The engineer will be working with our lead engineer in designing new datacenters and upgrading existing datacenters.
The main tasks/responsibilities of the Electrical Engineer are:
- Single diagrams
- Distribution boards
- Cable lists
- Selectivity studies
- IT room lay out
- Support new electrical installations projects together with Lead engineer and Architect
- Coordinate fit out projects in existing datacenters
- Support the acquisition team with drawings and insights
- Support on site datacenter engineers
The profile of our Electrical Engineer:
Penta seeks a hands-on, proactive, accurate and flexible person with strong analytical skills. In particular we look for:
- HBO or WO-educated engineer (electrical engineering, mechanical electrical engineer);
- 5-10 years work experience in data center, shipping or installation industry. Previous experience with data centers is not mandatory;
- A team player who likes to solve complex technical problems and, even under pressure, goes for quality;
- Willingness to travel abroad;
- Awareness of machine safety & RAMS;
- Knowledgeable in Visio, Autocad & office;
- Professional proficiency in Dutch and English;
- Candidates who have experience in sustainable engineering have an advantage.
What Penta Infra offers:
- A challenging and varied role within a datacenter company
- To be part of a young and ambitious team aiming to develop a high-quality datacenters throughout Europe
- Independency and flexibility within your role
- Informal and open culture
- International mindset
- Full time employment with competitive terms